USA: Tyson reports fourth quarter and fiscal year 2001 results
Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE: TSN), today reported $0.22 diluted earnings per share for the fourth fiscal quarter ended September 29, 2001, compared to $0.08 diluted earnings per share in the same quarter last year. Diluted earnings per share for the twelve months of fiscal 2001 were $0.40 compared to $0.67 last year. On August 3, 2001, the Company acquired 50.1% ownership of IBP, inc. (IBP) and acquired the remaining 49.9% on September 28, 2001. Accordingly, fourth quarter and twelve months results include 50.1% of IBP's results for the nine weeks ended September 29, 2001. Results for Tyson excluding the IBP results and related transaction financing cost can be found in table one following the consolidated condensed statements of cash flows.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO