USA: Tyson reports fourth quarter and fiscal year 2001 results
Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE: TSN), today reported $0.22 diluted earnings per share for the fourth fiscal quarter ended September 29, 2001, compared to $0.08 diluted earnings per share in the same quarter last year. Diluted earnings per share for the twelve months of fiscal 2001 were $0.40 compared to $0.67 last year. On August 3, 2001, the Company acquired 50.1% ownership of IBP, inc. (IBP) and acquired the remaining 49.9% on September 28, 2001. Accordingly, fourth quarter and twelve months results include 50.1% of IBP's results for the nine weeks ended September 29, 2001. Results for Tyson excluding the IBP results and related transaction financing cost can be found in table one following the consolidated condensed statements of cash flows.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill