UPDATE: US: Tyson seeks health and safety talks
Tyson Foods is set to hold talks with the body charged with overseeing health and safety in the workplace in the US.
Tyson told just-food today (13 July) that is "disappointed" with claims from the US Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) that the company violated regulations 59 times.
The OSHA alleges that there has been "serious, wilful, repeat and other-than-serious violations" of health and safety standards at a Tyson plant in Missouri. The body is pushing for Tyson to be hit with a fine to the tune of almost US$340,000.
"We plan to talk to OSHA officials about the proposed citations in an effort to resolve the agency's concerns," Tyson said. "We believe we have solid safety and health programs at Noel."
Companies: Tyson Foods
A new group vice president of consumer products was today (7 January) announced at US-based food giant Tyson Foods....
US meat and poultry processor Tyson Foods has said it will introduce more informative labelling on its Raised Without Antibiotics chicken range having reached agreement with the US Department of Agric...
Nestlé and Tyson Foods are among the companies to join The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), a sustainability reporting group, to draw up sustainability indicators for food processors to boost transp...
Tyson Foods has stood by its "Raised Without Antibiotics" chicken programme despite the US government censuring the company over its labelling....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review