USA: Tyson to terminate cash tender for IBP; start work on cash election merger
Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE: TSN) said today it expects to terminate its cash tender offer to purchase for cash up to 50.1% of the outstanding shares of common stock of IBP, inc. (NYSE: IBP), and to begin work on a cash election merger, consistent with the IBP agreement. The tender offer expires at midnight, New York City time, tonight. Any shares tendered will be returned.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods