US: Tyson unveils breakfast line
Tyson wants to build presence in prepared foods
Tyson Foods, the US meat giant seeking to build its business in prepared, convenience foods, has launched a line of breakfast products.
Tyson Day Starts is a range of seven frozen breakfast sandwiches, including an egg, bacon and cheese flatbread and a sausage, egg and cheese "biscuit".
Carolyn Rehbock, vice-president for insights and innovation at Tyson, said consumers had told the company they wanted "a breakfast they can heat quickly and take on-the-go".
Tyson's prepared foods business is its smallest by revenue, accounting for 10% of sales, according to figures for the company's first quarter to 28 December.
However, when Tyson reported results for its last full financial year in November, the company said it was "doubling down" on prepared foods.
Alongside those results, the company also announced changes to its management structure that saw it create a senior role for its prepared foods business.
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Chilled and Deli Food market to grow at a CAGR of 2.71 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the incr...
About Ready Meal A ready meal is a convenient and prepared food, which consists of ingredients that have been pre-cooked to a certain extent. It is considered as an easy alternative to food prepared a...
Meat Packing and Processing, Including Poultry (Chicken and Turkey), Beef and Pork, Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2021, NAIC 311600 Vita...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Briefing: The emergence of gluten-free in Spain
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G to acquire Green Giant from General Mills
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- Mondelez opens line at Poland chocolate plant
- Cheese maker Entremont moves into frozen food
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies Market in Egypt: Market Profile to 2017