US: Tyson unveils breakfast line
Tyson wants to build presence in prepared foods
Tyson Foods, the US meat giant seeking to build its business in prepared, convenience foods, has launched a line of breakfast products.
Tyson Day Starts is a range of seven frozen breakfast sandwiches, including an egg, bacon and cheese flatbread and a sausage, egg and cheese "biscuit".
Carolyn Rehbock, vice-president for insights and innovation at Tyson, said consumers had told the company they wanted "a breakfast they can heat quickly and take on-the-go".
Tyson's prepared foods business is its smallest by revenue, accounting for 10% of sales, according to figures for the company's first quarter to 28 December.
However, when Tyson reported results for its last full financial year in November, the company said it was "doubling down" on prepared foods.
Alongside those results, the company also announced changes to its management structure that saw it create a senior role for its prepared foods business.
Tyson Foods, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offeri...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Chilled and Deli Food market to grow at a CAGR of 2.71 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the incr...
About Ready Meal A ready meal is a convenient and prepared food, which consists of ingredients that have been pre-cooked to a certain extent. It is considered as an easy alternative to food prepared a...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia