UAE: UAE mull strict regulations on GM food distribution and labelling
Authorities in the United Arab Emirates have been asked to consider implementing legislation to regulate genetically modified foods. Hassan Al Khtheiri, chairman of the Emirates Society for Consumer Protection, said a draft law has been presented to Sheikh Fahim bin Sultan Al Oasimi, minister of economy and commerce. The society is optimistic that the draft law will be enforced.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant