ARGENTINA: UBS takes stake in Cencosud subsidiary
UBS has taken a stake in Cencosud's Argentine subsidiary
Investment bank UBS has taken a stake in Jumbo, the Argentine arm of Chilean retailer Cencosud.
The retailer announced yesterday (30 March) that UBS spent US$442m acquiring a 38.6% stake in the chain, shares previously held by a number of investment funds.
Cencosud said an agreement with UBS means that the retailer can buy the stake back from the bank within two years.
Earlier this month, the retailer said that net income rose 23.8% during 2010 on the back of higher sales across its different store formats.
- 10 Things to Learn - JBS's acquisition of Moy Park
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- M&A Watch - ConAgra should divest Commercial Foods
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- Focus: Battle against antimicrobial resistance
- General Mills to axe 675-725 jobs
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure