ARGENTINA: UBS takes stake in Cencosud subsidiary
UBS has taken a stake in Cencosud's Argentine subsidiary
Investment bank UBS has taken a stake in Jumbo, the Argentine arm of Chilean retailer Cencosud.
The retailer announced yesterday (30 March) that UBS spent US$442m acquiring a 38.6% stake in the chain, shares previously held by a number of investment funds.
Cencosud said an agreement with UBS means that the retailer can buy the stake back from the bank within two years.
Earlier this month, the retailer said that net income rose 23.8% during 2010 on the back of higher sales across its different store formats.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report