ARGENTINA: UBS takes stake in Cencosud subsidiary
UBS has taken a stake in Cencosud's Argentine subsidiary
Investment bank UBS has taken a stake in Jumbo, the Argentine arm of Chilean retailer Cencosud.
The retailer announced yesterday (30 March) that UBS spent US$442m acquiring a 38.6% stake in the chain, shares previously held by a number of investment funds.
Cencosud said an agreement with UBS means that the retailer can buy the stake back from the bank within two years.
Earlier this month, the retailer said that net income rose 23.8% during 2010 on the back of higher sales across its different store formats.
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- On the money: Can Danone grow fresh dairy?
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- Why US Dietary Guidelines report deserves praise
- Kerry Group CEO expects more M&A in 2015
- Gruma FY earnings surge as margins improve
- Kerry sales, earnings rise but food weighs
- ABF continues to expect profit drop
- Irish Dairy Board to change name to Ornua