MALAYSIA: Uda agrees to JV with Tesco
Uda Holdings has signed a joint venture agreement with Tesco's Malaysian unit for a 50-50 subscription of shares in Uda subsidiary Koridor Saga.
Uda will move from wholly owning its Koridor Saga subsidiary to a 50% equity ownership of the company.
Uda has also signed a conditional agreement to sell Koridor Saga a 5.36 ha plot of land in Johor Bahru for R70m (US$18.4m). Koridor Saga plans to have a retail outlet built on the land which it will lease to Tesco.
Koridor Saga is expected to receive a gross income of R7.8m per year from the lease of its building to Tesco. Uda expects to earn an additional R1.2m net profit per year from the start of the lease due to its 50% equity ownership of Koridor Saga.
As the popularity of strict low-carbohydrate diets appears to be in decline, a more moderate alternative has been building in the consumer consciousness. Already popular in Australia, the Glycemic Ind...
Tesco has increased its lead in the UK grocery market, while Sainsbry has also managed to improve its market share, according to the latest figures from market researchers TNS....
Supermarket company Tesco is giving its staff a £220m (US$405m) bonus, thought to be the biggest ever reward handout from a British company, according to the London Evening Standard newspaper....
Supermarket Tesco further increased its lead in the UK grocery market in the twelve weeks to 24 April 2005, according to market analysts TNS. Sainsbury managed a small rise, while Wal-Mart's Asda and ...
Any move from Asda will be an important catalyst in the race to land Somerfield. The Wal-Mart owned group could well see its acquisition target as an important route into the ever-expanding convenienc...
Supermarket chain Tesco has announced a new food labelling system, with 'nutritional signposts,' which it says will make it easier for shoppers to make healthier choices....
Locally owned food retailer CBA is Hungary's biggest supermarket, according to the Budapest Business Journal, which cited statistics compiled by AC Nielsen for trade journal Mai Piac....
Not content with pocketing one in every three pounds spent on groceries in the UK, the supermarket giant Tesco has now become the first British retailer to smash the £2 bn ($3.78bn) profit barrier. Ho...
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report