Udi's launches gluten-free chocolate snack in UK
Boulder Brands has launched Udi's chocolate clusters in the UK
Boulder Brands' gluten-free brand Udi's is launching a chocolate clusters snack in the UK, as part of its expansion into snacking products.
The two variants - milk chocolate and raisin clusters, plus milk chocolate and caramel clusters - will hit supermarket shelves this month. The chocolate clusters will be available in Asda stores across the UK at an RRP of GBP2.00 (US$2.97).
The US group said the launch "continues the brand's ongoing extension into gluten free snacking, giving the consumer even more choice".
In October, the firm launched Udi's Piri Piri Tortilla Chips.
"This year, the brand will continue its focus on high quality innovation," a statement from the company read.
Boulder Brands has owned the Udi's brand since 2012 when company forerunner Smart Balance snapped up Udi's Healthy Foods.
Last month Boulder Brands was acquired by Birds Eye and Gardein owner Pinnacle Foods in a US$975m deal. The transaction is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2016.
Technavio's market research analyst predicts the gluten-free packaged food market to grow at a CAGR of around 6% during the forecast period....
Gluten is a protein composite primarily found in wheat, barley, rye, and triticale. A gluten-free food product does not contain gluten-rich grains such as spelt wheat....
Naturally healthy food is minimally processed food that does not contain any additives such as hormones, antibiotics, sweeteners, food colors, and flavorings, which were not originally in the food....
Technavios market research analyst predicts the global food intolerance products market to reach a market value of USD 999 billion by the end of 2019....
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020