UGANDA: Uganda to remain member of coffee associations after deal on membership fees
Uganda is set to remain a member of the Association of Coffee Producing Countries and the Inter-Africa Coffee Organisation , although it will have problems finding the membership fees. The country is the second largest coffee producer in Africa, and coffee is Uganda's single largest earner of foreign exchange. Bad weather, crop disease and world prices plummeting 40% have taken a harsh toll however. Over the last six months Uganda earned just US$54.3m from coffee exports, 50% less compared to that exported during the preceding six months despite the fact that the amount exported had fallen by only 12%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action