UK: Ugo Foods rolls out Italian Street Food line
The range is available exclusively at Waitrose
Premium fresh pasta manufacturer Ugo Foods has launched what it says is the first Italian street food range in the UK.
The Dell'Ugo Street line comprises arancini: hand-made balls of traditional Italian risotto filled with "authentic" Italian ingredients and coated in breadcrumbs. They are presented in packs of six and are available in two variants: Beef Bolognese and Pea; and Tomato and Mozzerella.
The range is available exclusively at Waitrose. "We wanted to bring something exciting, new and authentically Italian to the chilled snack category," said head of marketing Helena Jevons. "Currently there is nothing like this out there and we are proud to be continuing to innovate."
The range has an RRP of GBP2.99 but is currently on introductory offer at Waitrose at GBP2.24p per pack.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target