UK: UK caused BSE fiasco, says EU parliament - COMMENT
The UK dominated the committee that set the direction for the handling of BSE in the early 1990s, i.e. during the beginning of the disinformation campaign on BSE revealed by Foodwire. The British could use this fact to cover up on BSE and direct the EC/EU handling of the disease. As much as 55 per cent of the members - five out of nine - in the Scientific Veterinary Committee were British. Moreover, the chairman was usually British. And, by coincidence or not, the Commission official taking notes at the meetings was also British. This is displayed by the EU Parliament inquiry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch