UK: UK caused BSE fiasco, says EU parliament - COMMENT
The UK dominated the committee that set the direction for the handling of BSE in the early 1990s, i.e. during the beginning of the disinformation campaign on BSE revealed by Foodwire. The British could use this fact to cover up on BSE and direct the EC/EU handling of the disease. As much as 55 per cent of the members - five out of nine - in the Scientific Veterinary Committee were British. Moreover, the chairman was usually British. And, by coincidence or not, the Commission official taking notes at the meetings was also British. This is displayed by the EU Parliament inquiry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival