UK: UK caused BSE fiasco, says EU parliament - COMMENT
The UK dominated the committee that set the direction for the handling of BSE in the early 1990s, i.e. during the beginning of the disinformation campaign on BSE revealed by Foodwire. The British could use this fact to cover up on BSE and direct the EC/EU handling of the disease. As much as 55 per cent of the members - five out of nine - in the Scientific Veterinary Committee were British. Moreover, the chairman was usually British. And, by coincidence or not, the Commission official taking notes at the meetings was also British. This is displayed by the EU Parliament inquiry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund