UK: UK competition authorities to decide on Compass deal
UK competition authorities are mulling the future of the Compass Group catering company after it agreed to buyout a Swiss rail caterer.
Compass, which has a supply contract for Scottish Rail and a joint venture with an Italian company to supply the Eurostar train service, agreed to buy three catering units from the bankrupt SwissAir Group on 24 December.
The SFr96.8m (US$56.9m) acquisition includes Rail Gourmet, which also has contracts with rail operators across Europe, supplying both GNER and Virgin.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units