USA: UK expansion for Subway sandwich chain
Subway , the fastfood sandwich chain, is planning an aggressive campaign to enhance its profile in the UK. The company is the second biggest fastfood chain in the world, but only has 52 sites in the UK from a global operation of 14,800 stores. The company said that it hopes to double the number of its distinctive sandwich franchises in the UK by the end of the year, with a further 1,900 outlets scheduled by 2010.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods