UAE: UK potato firm Albert Bartlett signs JV with Al Dahra
Albert Bartlett brands will be distributed by venture
UK potato supplier Albert Bartlett has launched a venture targeting the Middle East and Africa with UAE agribusiness Al Dahra National Investments.
The venture, Al Dahra Bartlett, will work with potato products processed in the Middle East and Africa, as well as those shipped into the region.
Al Dahra Bartlett, to be based in Abu Dhabi, will also distribute Albert Bartlett branded products within the markets.
It will start by supplying Egyptian processors with up to 50,000 tonnes of potatoes this year. Initial trading of fresh produce is expected to start early next year.
Family-owned Albert Bartlett is adding to a presence in Europe, North America and Australasia.
Al Dahra, formed in 1995, has an annual turnover of more than US$1bn. It said potatoes were "a strategic opportunity" in the region.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti