UAE: UK potato firm Albert Bartlett signs JV with Al Dahra
Albert Bartlett brands will be distributed by venture
UK potato supplier Albert Bartlett has launched a venture targeting the Middle East and Africa with UAE agribusiness Al Dahra National Investments.
The venture, Al Dahra Bartlett, will work with potato products processed in the Middle East and Africa, as well as those shipped into the region.
Al Dahra Bartlett, to be based in Abu Dhabi, will also distribute Albert Bartlett branded products within the markets.
It will start by supplying Egyptian processors with up to 50,000 tonnes of potatoes this year. Initial trading of fresh produce is expected to start early next year.
Family-owned Albert Bartlett is adding to a presence in Europe, North America and Australasia.
Al Dahra, formed in 1995, has an annual turnover of more than US$1bn. It said potatoes were "a strategic opportunity" in the region.
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- Why trust is key in US natural food sector
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- General Mills invests in another US SME
- ABP Food Group names COO Frank Stephenson new CEO
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Dairy Crest to focus on brands, ingredients