UAE: UK potato firm Albert Bartlett signs JV with Al Dahra
Albert Bartlett brands will be distributed by venture
UK potato supplier Albert Bartlett has launched a venture targeting the Middle East and Africa with UAE agribusiness Al Dahra National Investments.
The venture, Al Dahra Bartlett, will work with potato products processed in the Middle East and Africa, as well as those shipped into the region.
Al Dahra Bartlett, to be based in Abu Dhabi, will also distribute Albert Bartlett branded products within the markets.
It will start by supplying Egyptian processors with up to 50,000 tonnes of potatoes this year. Initial trading of fresh produce is expected to start early next year.
Family-owned Albert Bartlett is adding to a presence in Europe, North America and Australasia.
Al Dahra, formed in 1995, has an annual turnover of more than US$1bn. It said potatoes were "a strategic opportunity" in the region.
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report