UK: UK restaurant is ‘best in the world’
A British restaurant, the Fat Duck in Bray in Berkshire, has been named the best in the world by Restaurant magazine at an awards ceremony in London.
In a list sponsored by wine company Penfolds the Fat Duck was also named best restaurant in Europe, with Le Quartier Francais in South Africa named best restaurant in the Middle East and Africa, The French Laundry in California named best in America, Tetsuya's in Sydney best in Australasia and Felix in Hong Kong named best in Asia.
The menu at the Fat Duck's run by chef Heston Blumenthal includes unlikely dishes like snail porridge, sardine on toast sorbet and smoked bacon and egg ice cream.
Sectors: Ice cream
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO