UK: UK retailers get top rankings in Europe – report
The resilience of UK consumer spending secures top positions for UK retailers in European retail rankings. New research from Mintel shows that Marks & Spencer remains Europe's number one choice for clothing while Tesco consolidates its runner-up position as the second largest grocer in Europe. Kingfisher's B&Q and Castorama dominate the DIY European industry and are more than twice the size of its German competitor Obi. Health and beauty retailing is one of the fastest growing retail sectors in Europe, and even though it now only operates in the UK, Boots is the largest operator in the sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods