UK: UK retailers get top rankings in Europe – report
The resilience of UK consumer spending secures top positions for UK retailers in European retail rankings. New research from Mintel shows that Marks & Spencer remains Europe's number one choice for clothing while Tesco consolidates its runner-up position as the second largest grocer in Europe. Kingfisher's B&Q and Castorama dominate the DIY European industry and are more than twice the size of its German competitor Obi. Health and beauty retailing is one of the fastest growing retail sectors in Europe, and even though it now only operates in the UK, Boots is the largest operator in the sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO