UK: UK retailers get top rankings in Europe – report
The resilience of UK consumer spending secures top positions for UK retailers in European retail rankings. New research from Mintel shows that Marks & Spencer remains Europe's number one choice for clothing while Tesco consolidates its runner-up position as the second largest grocer in Europe. Kingfisher's B&Q and Castorama dominate the DIY European industry and are more than twice the size of its German competitor Obi. Health and beauty retailing is one of the fastest growing retail sectors in Europe, and even though it now only operates in the UK, Boots is the largest operator in the sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units