UK: UK sugar confectionery - TOMS grabs a larger part of the market - RESEARCH (Members)
Danish sweet company TOMS has bought UK rival Parrs, and plans another $72 million of UK acquisitions over the next three years. Toms already has a firm hold on mints and toffee, which together account for nearly 30% of the market. As the UK's largest independent manufacturer of wine gums and jellied sweets, Parrs will provide TOMS with access to another large and particularly fast growing segment of the UK sugar confectionery market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods