UK: UK sugar confectionery - TOMS grabs a larger part of the market - RESEARCH (Members)
Danish sweet company TOMS has bought UK rival Parrs, and plans another $72 million of UK acquisitions over the next three years. Toms already has a firm hold on mints and toffee, which together account for nearly 30% of the market. As the UK's largest independent manufacturer of wine gums and jellied sweets, Parrs will provide TOMS with access to another large and particularly fast growing segment of the UK sugar confectionery market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast