UK: UK Unions and IFA agree on future EU beef support measures
The UK farmers' unions and the Irish Farmers' Association united today in calling for immediate measures to address the beef market collapse in parts of Europe and for the EU to provide the necessary funds, not only for beef but also for the whole of the CAP. After their meeting in Belfast, the presidents of the unions responded to EU Agriculture Commissioner Franz Fischler's proposals to rebalance the EU's beef market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs