TURKEY: Ulker offloads shares in Gida, Birlesik and Rekor
Turkish confectioner Ulker Biskuvi has offloaded its share in three local subsidiaries - Istanbul Gida, Birlesik dis Ticaret and Rekor - to parent firm Yildiz Holding in a series of deals worth TRY36m (US$17m).
Istanbul Gida is the export firm for the Ulker products. Birlesik dis Ticaret is the export company for non-Ulker and branded products. While Rekor sells non-Ulker branded products to the domestic market.
The transactions are expected to close in May.
Ulker will sell 91.4% its stake in Istanbul Gida for Dis Ticaret for TRY28.6m, its 79.2% stake in Birlesik Dis Ticaret for TRY3.2m and Rekor's 43.9% for TL4m.
"Following these transactions, we will have no shares in these companies. In total we made a profit of close to TRY6m from the sale of these three companies to Yildiz Holding."
Earlier the firm announced a 13% profit jump to TRY51m for the first quarter of 2014.
Canadean's "Ulker Biskuvi Sanayi A.S. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile c...
Yildiz Holding seeks to maintain its leading position in packaged food in Turkey through expanding the number and variety of products it offers. To this end the company launches a significant number o...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global confectionery market during May 2014. Sum...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during May 2014. ...
Increasing disposable incomes and the rising number of chained outlets stimulated sales in grocery retailers in 2012. In addition, promotions and discounts on selected items every week when club cards...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report