TURKEY: Ulker Q1 net profit jumps, ups stake in Biskot
Turkish confectioner and snack maker Ulker has reported bottom line growth of 13% to TRY51m (US$24.6m) despite negative currency effects for the first quarter of 2014.
For the period ended 31 March 2014, the firm also posted EBITDA growth of 14% to TL88mn thanks to "tighter expense management".
Sales were also up 11% to TL793m as a result of increased sales across the biscuit and cakes categories. Chocolate sales however fell due to price increases.
The firm also announced it is upping its stake in Biskot Biskuvi Gida by a further 30%. Ulker held a 43.5% stake in the business before the acquisition.
Canadean's "Ulker Biskuvi Sanayi A.S. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile c...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global confectionery market during May 2014. Sum...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during May 2014. ...
This company database offers the most up-to-date company information on bakery product producers in the world. The report includes details for more than 14,000 bakery product producers in the world wh...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Arla H1 profits down on milk price slump
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies Market in Egypt: Market Profile to 2017