TURKEY: Ulker Q1 net profit jumps, ups stake in Biskot
Turkish confectioner and snack maker Ulker has reported bottom line growth of 13% to TRY51m (US$24.6m) despite negative currency effects for the first quarter of 2014.
For the period ended 31 March 2014, the firm also posted EBITDA growth of 14% to TL88mn thanks to "tighter expense management".
Sales were also up 11% to TL793m as a result of increased sales across the biscuit and cakes categories. Chocolate sales however fell due to price increases.
The firm also announced it is upping its stake in Biskot Biskuvi Gida by a further 30%. Ulker held a 43.5% stake in the business before the acquisition.
Canadean's "Ulker Biskuvi Sanayi A.S. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile c...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global confectionery market during May 2014. Sum...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during May 2014. ...
New imported products coming mainly from Turkey, such as Latino Fiesta by Zaharni Izdelia-Varna Ltd, Hazelnut Cookies Ulker by Ulker, and local products such as Biscottes by Sobisco, were the key new ...
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth
- Nestle in "exclusive" Davigel talks with Brakes