TURKEY: Ulker Q1 net profit jumps, ups stake in Biskot
Turkish confectioner and snack maker Ulker has reported bottom line growth of 13% to TRY51m (US$24.6m) despite negative currency effects for the first quarter of 2014.
For the period ended 31 March 2014, the firm also posted EBITDA growth of 14% to TL88mn thanks to "tighter expense management".
Sales were also up 11% to TL793m as a result of increased sales across the biscuit and cakes categories. Chocolate sales however fell due to price increases.
The firm also announced it is upping its stake in Biskot Biskuvi Gida by a further 30%. Ulker held a 43.5% stake in the business before the acquisition.
Canadean's "Ulker Biskuvi Sanayi A.S. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile c...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global confectionery market during May 2014. Sum...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during May 2014. ...
New imported products coming mainly from Turkey, such as Latino Fiesta by Zaharni Izdelia-Varna Ltd, Hazelnut Cookies Ulker by Ulker, and local products such as Biscottes by Sobisco, were the key new ...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus