TURKEY: Ulker Q1 net profit jumps, ups stake in Biskot
Turkish confectioner and snack maker Ulker has reported bottom line growth of 13% to TRY51m (US$24.6m) despite negative currency effects for the first quarter of 2014.
For the period ended 31 March 2014, the firm also posted EBITDA growth of 14% to TL88mn thanks to "tighter expense management".
Sales were also up 11% to TL793m as a result of increased sales across the biscuit and cakes categories. Chocolate sales however fell due to price increases.
The firm also announced it is upping its stake in Biskot Biskuvi Gida by a further 30%. Ulker held a 43.5% stake in the business before the acquisition.
Canadean's "Ulker Biskuvi Sanayi A.S. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile c...
This week, Turkey's Yildiz Holding struck a deal - said to be over GBP2bn - to buy United Biscuits and the Turkish group's CEO took to Twitter to hail the agreement. Meanwhile, German dairy giant Mull...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global confectionery market during May 2014. Sum...
Higher sales and lower tax expenses have lifted net profit levels at Turkish biscuit maker Ulker Biskuvi despite a fall in operating income in the first nine months of the year....
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during May 2014. ...
New imported products coming mainly from Turkey, such as Latino Fiesta by Zaharni Izdelia-Varna Ltd, Hazelnut Cookies Ulker by Ulker, and local products such as Biscottes by Sobisco, were the key new ...
This company database offers the most up-to-date company information on bakery product producers in the world. The report includes details for more than 14,000 bakery product producers in the world wh...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits