ITALY: UN say foot and mouth is global threat
The United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organisation said on Wednesday that foot and mouth disease is a global threat and urged countries to adopt stringent measures against the spread of the disease to other countries. Yves Cheneau, chief of FAO's animal health service, warned that any country in the world could be contaminated with the disease as increased international trade, intensified farming, immigration, tourism, the movement of animals, animal products and foodstuffs might have a hand in spreading the disease across national borders.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund