ITALY: UN say foot and mouth is global threat
The United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organisation said on Wednesday that foot and mouth disease is a global threat and urged countries to adopt stringent measures against the spread of the disease to other countries. Yves Cheneau, chief of FAO's animal health service, warned that any country in the world could be contaminated with the disease as increased international trade, intensified farming, immigration, tourism, the movement of animals, animal products and foodstuffs might have a hand in spreading the disease across national borders.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods