ITALY: UN say foot and mouth is global threat
The United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organisation said on Wednesday that foot and mouth disease is a global threat and urged countries to adopt stringent measures against the spread of the disease to other countries. Yves Cheneau, chief of FAO's animal health service, warned that any country in the world could be contaminated with the disease as increased international trade, intensified farming, immigration, tourism, the movement of animals, animal products and foodstuffs might have a hand in spreading the disease across national borders.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival