CANADA: Undeclared milk protein present in Equality brand salt & vinegar flavour potato chips
OTTAWA, November 22, 2001 - The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning consumers allergic to milk protein not to consume Equality brand Salt & Vinegar flavour potato chips with a product code 212D038 or 212E038. The affected product package was incorrectly filled with Sour Cream & Onion flavour potato chips and marketed as Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips. The affected product contains milk protein that is not declared on the label. This alert is of concern to those individuals allergic to milk protein.
The affected product is sold in 170 g packages, UPC 0 57627 53803 4, and the product code 212D038 or 212E038. The Great Atlantic & Pacific Co. of Canada is voluntarily recalling the Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips. This product is distributed in Ontario only.
The consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to milk protein. There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
For more information, consumers and industry may call Mr. Doug Brummer, The Great Atlantic & Pacific Co. of Canada, at (416) 234-6676; or the CFIA at one of the following numbers:
In the province of Quebec 1-800-561-3350; or
In other provinces and territories 1-800-442-2342.
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review