PHILIPPINES: Uni-President aims for 9% local instant noodle market
Opening a new US$15m instant noodle plant last week, Taiwan's Uni-President Enterprises Group said that it aims to control 9% of the Philippines' instant noodle market within a year. The plant was built with joint investment with the Philippines' RFM Food Group, which has already embarked on cooperative ventures with multinational giants such as Unilever and Hershey. Uni-President controls 51% of the joint venture.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action