PHILIPPINES: Uni-President aims for 9% local instant noodle market
Opening a new US$15m instant noodle plant last week, Taiwan's Uni-President Enterprises Group said that it aims to control 9% of the Philippines' instant noodle market within a year. The plant was built with joint investment with the Philippines' RFM Food Group, which has already embarked on cooperative ventures with multinational giants such as Unilever and Hershey. Uni-President controls 51% of the joint venture.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre