TAIWAN/USA: Uni-President, Cargill JV to build animal feed mill
Taiwan's largest domestic food processing company, Uni-President Enterprises Corp , has revealed its plans to establish a joint venture with US giant the Cargill Group in order to build an animal feed mill in China. An official from Uni-President commented today that the 50:50 venture will be capitalized at US$40m but he could not reveal how long the venture was expected to last. The feed mill, which will have an annual capacity of 800,000 metric tons, will cost a further US$120m to build.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units