TAIWAN/USA: Uni-President, Cargill JV to build animal feed mill
Taiwan's largest domestic food processing company, Uni-President Enterprises Corp , has revealed its plans to establish a joint venture with US giant the Cargill Group in order to build an animal feed mill in China. An official from Uni-President commented today that the 50:50 venture will be capitalized at US$40m but he could not reveal how long the venture was expected to last. The feed mill, which will have an annual capacity of 800,000 metric tons, will cost a further US$120m to build.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch