TAIWAN: Uni-President Enterprises posts 24% rise in Q1 profit
Taiwan's largest food company, Uni-President Enterprises Corp, has reported a 23.6% rise in quarterly profit, helped by strong beverage sales. The company reported first quarter profit of T$261m (US$7.5m), a 23.6% year-on-year increase, while sales climbed 10.6% to T$8.56bn. "The first quarter is usually a slow period for beverages sales, but they were very strong," Simon Hung, the company's public affairs manager, was quoted by Reuters as saying.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK