TAIWAN: Uni-President Enterprises posts 24% rise in Q1 profit
Taiwan's largest food company, Uni-President Enterprises Corp, has reported a 23.6% rise in quarterly profit, helped by strong beverage sales. The company reported first quarter profit of T$261m (US$7.5m), a 23.6% year-on-year increase, while sales climbed 10.6% to T$8.56bn. "The first quarter is usually a slow period for beverages sales, but they were very strong," Simon Hung, the company's public affairs manager, was quoted by Reuters as saying.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week