USA: Unilever announces settlement with Procter & Gamble over competitive intelligence
Unilever (NYSE: UN, UL) yesterday announced that it had reached a settlement with Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG) regarding Procter & Gamble's competitive intelligence operation directed at Unilever's hair care business in the United States. Charles B. Strauss, president and CEO of Unilever United States said: "We have a settlement that ensures that our confidential information is protected. With this agreement, we are confident that Procter & Gamble's conduct will not impede the continued growth of our brands here. This agreement draws to a close what has been an unfortunate incident."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth