UK: Unilever attains UK sales rights to Swedish Glace
Unilever has attained the UK sales and distribution rights to dairy-free ice cream brand Swedish Glace, a year after acquiring its Finnish owner.
The company will take on the sales and distribution in January from local dairy group Fayrefield Foods. Unilever bought Swedish Glace's owner, Finnish firm Ingman Ice Cream, last December.
Faye Bradford, senior category manager at Unilever UK, said: "The dairy and lactose free ice cream range from Swedish Glace provides variety for consumers who are looking for diet specific dessert products. We look forward to integrating Swedish Glace into our existing portfolio of ice cream products and developing a greater recognition of the brand."
Hindustan Unilever has a diverse foods portfolio, comprising beverages (tea and coffee), processed food (Kissan, Knorr and Annapurna ranges of products), frozen desserts, bakery products (Modern Foods...
The rapidly expanding Chinese food sector has long been a focus for multinationals looking beyond developed western markets for expansion. However, it isn't just the international food Goliaths - with...
Unilever is diversifying its operations into emerging markets, particularly Asia Pacific and Latin America, but there is still significant room for growth in these regions. Rising obesity levels, alon...
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- Findus: "No sale process underway" in UK
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- Hovis CFO Michael Kennedy exits
- Weston Foods acquires Creative Occasions
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019