UK: Unilever attains UK sales rights to Swedish Glace
Unilever has attained the UK sales and distribution rights to dairy-free ice cream brand Swedish Glace, a year after acquiring its Finnish owner.
The company will take on the sales and distribution in January from local dairy group Fayrefield Foods. Unilever bought Swedish Glace's owner, Finnish firm Ingman Ice Cream, last December.
Faye Bradford, senior category manager at Unilever UK, said: "The dairy and lactose free ice cream range from Swedish Glace provides variety for consumers who are looking for diet specific dessert products. We look forward to integrating Swedish Glace into our existing portfolio of ice cream products and developing a greater recognition of the brand."
Hindustan Unilever has a diverse foods portfolio, comprising beverages (tea and coffee), processed food (Kissan, Knorr and Annapurna ranges of products), frozen desserts, bakery products (Modern Foods...
The rapidly expanding Chinese food sector has long been a focus for multinationals looking beyond developed western markets for expansion. However, it isn't just the international food Goliaths - with...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Syrups category in India, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution channels, profile...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Jams, Jellies & Preserves category in India, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable da...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Savoury Spreads category in India, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable data on dist...
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Regional start-ups aim to ride China's online boom
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Abraaj outbids Kellogg with fresh Bisco Misr offer