UK: Unilever - Birds Eye fishes for new fingers - COMMENT (Members)
As cod stocks dwindle, Birds Eye will introduce fish fingers made from less threatened species. The new range of Captain Birds Eye fish fingers will be made from coley and be introduced before the end of the year. British consumers are usually reluctant to buy new kinds of fish, but there are clear marketing advantages in stressing consumer products' environmental appeal. This factor should be enough to convince buyers to give it a try.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations