UK: Unilever - Birds Eye fishes for new fingers - COMMENT (Members)
As cod stocks dwindle, Birds Eye will introduce fish fingers made from less threatened species. The new range of Captain Birds Eye fish fingers will be made from coley and be introduced before the end of the year. British consumers are usually reluctant to buy new kinds of fish, but there are clear marketing advantages in stressing consumer products' environmental appeal. This factor should be enough to convince buyers to give it a try.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre