UK/NETHERLANDS: Unilever brings Bestfoods executives into its executive ranks
Seven Bestfoods executives have been promoted to the leading ranks of the Anglo-Dutch group Unilever 's food division, despite the company's June revelation to analysts that one of the key factors of its business success was its management formula.Unilever's acquisition of the US food giant Bestfoods has now been approved by shareholders and regulators, and the co-chairmen Niall Fitzgerald and Antony Burgmans revealed that the group is moving rapidly to establish its team.From 1 January 2001, the creator of Bestfoods, Dick Shoemate, will become advisory director of Unilever. Previously vice-president for strategy and core businesses at the US group, Anthony Simon will become president of marketing, and the new president of Unilever Foods for North America is another Bestfoods vice president, Neil Beckerman. The vice-president of human resources at Bestfoods, Jim Liberty is now senior vice-president for human resources.Diego Bevilacqua, now responsible for the combined food service business, ran Bestfoods' Asian operations and the company's Latin America operations were run by Oscar Imbellone, who is now executive vice-president at Unilever. Finally, the UK general manager for Bestfoods, Richard Oppenheim, has been appointed vice-president of foods in Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review