INDONESIA: Unilever buys snack maker Taro
Anglo-Dutch food and consumer products giant Unilever has said it has acquired Indonesian snack food company Taro. No further details were provided about the deal to buy Taro, which produces crisps and other snack foods. Unilever said it was looking for other acquisition targets in Indonesia. The company said it plans to invest US$500m over the next ten years to boost production there, reported Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO