USA: Unilever completes European soups and sauces sale to Campbell
Following the approval of the European Commission, Unilever today completed the sale of several of its dry soups and sauces businesses in Europe to Campbell Soup Company for a debt free price of E 1 billion. The agreement to sell these businesses, as a result of undertakings given to the European Commission in connection with Unilever's acquisition of Bestfoods last year, was announced on January 29.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever