USA: Unilever completes European soups and sauces sale to Campbell
Following the approval of the European Commission, Unilever today completed the sale of several of its dry soups and sauces businesses in Europe to Campbell Soup Company for a debt free price of E 1 billion. The agreement to sell these businesses, as a result of undertakings given to the European Commission in connection with Unilever's acquisition of Bestfoods last year, was announced on January 29.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action