USA: Unilever completes sale of North American Seafood Business
Unilever (NYSE: UN, UL) announced that the sale of its North American seafood business to Nippon Suisan (USA), Inc, a subsidiary of Nippon Suisan Kaisha Limited for US$175 million in cash has been completed. In August 2001, Unilever signed a definitive agreement to sell the business, which comprises the Gorton's business in the United States and the BlueWater Seafoods business in Canada to Nippon Suisan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant