ETHIOPIA: Unilever coy amid talk of plans for plant
Unilever is said to be thinking about opening a plant in Ethiopia
Unilever has declined to confirm it is planning on expanding its its Africa operations with the setup of a manufacturing plant in Ethiopia.
According to a report carried by Bloomberg, the consumer goods giant was planning to open a manufacturing plant in Ethiopia during the next year.
Citing a spokesperson in Africa, the wire said the new plant "may initially make fabric-cleaning soaps before moving into food".
"We've taken a long-term investment decision in Ethiopia because of the demography, broad-based growth and opportunity to create a genuinely inclusive and sustainable business model from scratch," the spokesperson said.
However, in correspondence to just-food today (11 March), a spokesperson for the group declined to disclose any further details.
He said there were "no specific plans that we would want to comment on at this stage".
Unilever PLC (ULVR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalD...
Hindustan Unilever Limited (HINDUNILVR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been...
Unilever - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. Unilever - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key business structure and operations, h......
Synopsis Canadean's "Unilever N.V. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- FMCG sales slowing despite economic green shoots
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning