ETHIOPIA: Unilever coy amid talk of plans for plant
Unilever is said to be thinking about opening a plant in Ethiopia
Unilever has declined to confirm it is planning on expanding its its Africa operations with the setup of a manufacturing plant in Ethiopia.
According to a report carried by Bloomberg, the consumer goods giant was planning to open a manufacturing plant in Ethiopia during the next year.
Citing a spokesperson in Africa, the wire said the new plant "may initially make fabric-cleaning soaps before moving into food".
"We've taken a long-term investment decision in Ethiopia because of the demography, broad-based growth and opportunity to create a genuinely inclusive and sustainable business model from scratch," the spokesperson said.
However, in correspondence to just-food today (11 March), a spokesperson for the group declined to disclose any further details.
He said there were "no specific plans that we would want to comment on at this stage".
2014 saw the launch of many new products and services by manufacturers. One of the highlights was the launch of Wall’s One Hour Home Delivery service for consumers in Karachi and Lahore by Unilever Pa...
Unilever Foodsolutions relies on its established position and its experience and knowledge to serve its commercial clients operating in the Dutch consumer foodservice industry. Constant innovation in ...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- German dairy group DMK names Ingo Mueller new CEO
- Europe's food firms slam French origin labels plan
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights