INDIA: Unilever coy on Magnum India "expansion plans"
HUL remains coy on speculation it is to launch Magnum ice-cream across wider India
Unilever has sought to play down reports it will expand its Magnum ice cream brand across India.
R Sridhar, the CFO of Hindustan Unilever, the consumer goods giant's Indian arm, was quoted in the local Business Standard newspaper as saying "a roll-out would happen this year". Unilever launched Magnum in the city of Chennai last year.
Speaking to just-food, a spokesperson for Hindustan Unilever advised there has been no "communication from HUL about further launch plans for Magnum in India". The spokesperson added: "We have no comments to offer on future launch plans."
Hindustan Unilever's portfolio comprises a number of Unilever's global brands including Knorr.
Unilever PLC (ULVR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalD...
Synopsis Canadean's "Unilever N.V. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
Unilever is one of the world’s leading consumer goods companies. Recently it has added an additional focus to its operations, promoting sustainability within its business model. It has implemented maj...
Hindustan Unilever has a diverse foods portfolio, comprising beverages (tea and coffee), processed food (Kissan, Knorr and Annapurna ranges of products), frozen desserts, bakery products (Modern Foods...
- How Windsor buy is part of Ajinomoto's global push
- Focus: Fonterra's bid to weather dairy volatility
- On the money: Diamond's faith in on-trend range
- Industry awaits WHO reply on beefed-up ad pledges
- Focus: Does size matter for Thai Union Frozen?
- Nestle sells baby food brands Alete, Milasan
- Kerry, Premier team up on frozen NPD in UK
- Kellogg, Burton's, Ulker "on UB bid shortlist"
- Nestle forms new unit to "leverage scale"
- PepsiCo eyes Middle East growth with R&D centre