UK/US: Unilever expands Ben & Jerry's Core line in US
Unilever highlighted US range's Fairtrade and non-GMO credentials
Unilever has expanded its Ben & Jerry's Core ice cream line in the US.
Four lines - Peanut Butter Fudge; Salted Caramel; Hazed & Confused and That's My Jam - have been rolled out in Ben & Jerry's domestic market.
Unilever first launched Core in the US in 2002 when it introduced the Karamel Sutra flavour.
The pint pots have an MRSP of US$4.39, with Ben & Jerry's also highlighting the ice creams are "fully Fairtrade-certified" and non-GMO.
Unilever introduced Core in the UK two years ago, calling it a "unique innovation" for the country's ice cream market.
The UK launch came weeks after General Mills announced plans for a Haagen Dazs product with a liquid centre.
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses