UK/US: Unilever expands Ben & Jerry's Core line in US
Unilever highlighted US range's Fairtrade and non-GMO credentials
Unilever has expanded its Ben & Jerry's Core ice cream line in the US.
Four lines - Peanut Butter Fudge; Salted Caramel; Hazed & Confused and That's My Jam - have been rolled out in Ben & Jerry's domestic market.
Unilever first launched Core in the US in 2002 when it introduced the Karamel Sutra flavour.
The pint pots have an MRSP of US$4.39, with Ben & Jerry's also highlighting the ice creams are "fully Fairtrade-certified" and non-GMO.
Unilever introduced Core in the UK two years ago, calling it a "unique innovation" for the country's ice cream market.
The UK launch came weeks after General Mills announced plans for a Haagen Dazs product with a liquid centre.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill