UK/US: Unilever expands Ben & Jerry's Core line in US
Unilever highlighted US range's Fairtrade and non-GMO credentials
Unilever has expanded its Ben & Jerry's Core ice cream line in the US.
Four lines - Peanut Butter Fudge; Salted Caramel; Hazed & Confused and That's My Jam - have been rolled out in Ben & Jerry's domestic market.
Unilever first launched Core in the US in 2002 when it introduced the Karamel Sutra flavour.
The pint pots have an MRSP of US$4.39, with Ben & Jerry's also highlighting the ice creams are "fully Fairtrade-certified" and non-GMO.
Unilever introduced Core in the UK two years ago, calling it a "unique innovation" for the country's ice cream market.
The UK launch came weeks after General Mills announced plans for a Haagen Dazs product with a liquid centre.
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Why trust is key in US natural food sector
- Nestle sets new savings target
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant