USA: Unilever fourth quarter and annual results 2000 - unaudited and provisional
Unilever (NYSE:UN, NYSE:UL)-- Path to Growth on track. Faster growth in leading brands and record operating margin. Bestfoods integration proceeds smoothly. Fourth quarter reflects planned restructuring costs. Strong growth in underlying operating profits for the year. FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS Constant exchange rates Current (1999 average) exchange rates Fourth Quarter Pound Full Year Full Year 2000 Millions 2000 2000 12,206 +19% Turnover 43,793 +7% 47,582 +16% Operating profit - before exceptional items & amortization of goodwill/intangibles 1,430 +31% (beia) 5,313 +16% 5,729 +25% (620) (164)% Pre-tax profit/(loss) 2,667 (39)% 2,723 (37)% (828) (232)% Net profit / (loss) 1,151 (58)% 1,105 (60)% 678 (5)% Net profit (beia) 3,046 +2% 3,223 +8% Per NV share (Fl. 1.12), Euro(a) (0.85) (235)% EPS 1.12 (57)% 1.07 (59)% 0.67 (5)% EPS (beia) 3.04 +7% 3.21 +14% Per PLC share (1.4p), Eurocent(a) (12.74)(235)% EPS 16.78 (57)% 16.08 (59)% 10.04 (5)% EPS (beia) 45.52 +7% 48.20 +14% (a) See note on 'Combined Earnings per Share'
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review