UK: Unilever, Humdinger team up for Peperami nut launch
Unilever has launched the new Peperami nuts snacking product
Unilever has launched a new snack product under the Peperami meat umbrella in a bid to tap into the flavoured nuts category.
Peperami Double Crunch Peanuts has been launched under a licensing agreement with Humdinger Ltd.
The packaging of Peperami Double Crunch Peanuts will be green and feature the iconic Peperami logo, as well as an image of the contents inside.
We know that 54% of consumers look for a trusted brand when choosing savoury snacks, so by combining the number one meat snack, Peperami, with a key player in the Nuts sector, we anticipate new Peperami Double Crunch Peanuts will appeal to consumers and, in turn, deliver sales to retailers," said Julie McCleave, head of licensing for Peperami.
Peperami Double Crunch Peanuts are available in cases of 14 x 70g and each pack has an RRP of GBP1.00 (US$1.68).
Unilever is running the Peperami brand as a part of transitioning ownership to Jack Links, who bought the meat snacking business from Unilever in April.
2014 saw the launch of many new products and services by manufacturers. One of the highlights was the launch of Wall’s One Hour Home Delivery service for consumers in Karachi and Lahore by Unilever Pa...
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Brexit and UK food market policymaking
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Campbell's Soup's sustainable growth strategy
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Arla Foods unveils strategy for growth up to 2020
- US demand for organic food exceeding supply