UK/NETHERLANDS: Unilever issues GBP250m "green bond"
Unilever furthers sustainable agenda with "green bond"
Unilever revealed plans to issue the "first ever green sustainability bond" in the sterling market yesterday (19 March).
The GBP250m (US$412.9m) 2% fixed rate notes will be due in December 2018.
The company worked with DNV GL, an independent environmental consultancy, to develop a green sustainability bond framework to provide "clarity and transparency" around the use of the proceeds. The framework includes criteria on emissions, water use and waste disposal and outlines a yearly reporting schedule to detail use of the funds.
Unilever said the move was a first from the FMCG sector.
Commenting on the green bond, CFO Jean Marc Huet said that it provided investors with an opportunity to support Unilever's sustainable living plan. "By issuing our first green sustainability bond, our intention is to invite investors to support our vision for sustainable growth, while investing in the Unilever credit."
Current projects that will benefit from the capital raising include: a laundry liquid detergent factory in Johannesburg, South Africa; a laundry powder facility in Sichuan, China; a home and personal care factory in Selcuklu-Konya, Turkey; an ice cream factory in Johannesburg, South Africa; the expansion of a spreads factory in Kansas, US; and the "lean & green freezer' cabinets project in Turkey, Russia and the US.
Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and c...
just-food's contributing editor Ben Cooper predicts what will be the key issues in food sustainability circles in 2015, with the debate over sugar likely to continue to rage, while supply chains - in ...
Synopsis Canadean's "Unilever N.V. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Unilever PLC (ULVR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalD...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Yildiz prepares to list dairy arm AK Gida
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits