UK/NETHERLANDS: Unilever issues GBP250m "green bond"
Unilever furthers sustainable agenda with "green bond"
Unilever revealed plans to issue the "first ever green sustainability bond" in the sterling market yesterday (19 March).
The GBP250m (US$412.9m) 2% fixed rate notes will be due in December 2018.
The company worked with DNV GL, an independent environmental consultancy, to develop a green sustainability bond framework to provide "clarity and transparency" around the use of the proceeds. The framework includes criteria on emissions, water use and waste disposal and outlines a yearly reporting schedule to detail use of the funds.
Unilever said the move was a first from the FMCG sector.
Commenting on the green bond, CFO Jean Marc Huet said that it provided investors with an opportunity to support Unilever's sustainable living plan. "By issuing our first green sustainability bond, our intention is to invite investors to support our vision for sustainable growth, while investing in the Unilever credit."
Current projects that will benefit from the capital raising include: a laundry liquid detergent factory in Johannesburg, South Africa; a laundry powder facility in Sichuan, China; a home and personal care factory in Selcuklu-Konya, Turkey; an ice cream factory in Johannesburg, South Africa; the expansion of a spreads factory in Kansas, US; and the "lean & green freezer' cabinets project in Turkey, Russia and the US.
Synopsis Canadean's "Unilever N.V. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
Unilever PLC (ULVR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalD...
Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and c...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Greencore convenience focus delivers growth
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details