US: Unilever issues Skippy peanut butter recall
Unilever recalls Skippy peanut butter
Salmonella detected in Unilever's Skippy branded peanut butter has prompted a recall across 16 US states.
Skippy Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter Spread and Skippy Reduced Fat Super Chunk Peanut Butter Spread are being recalled in several states because they may be contaminated with Salmonella bacteria, Unilever said on Friday (4 March).
No illnesses have been reported to date, the company added.
The product was distributed in Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.
The affected products are packaged in a 16.3 oz plastic jar and have UPCs 048001006812 and 048001006782. They also include 'best-if-used-by-dates' of MAY1612LR1, MAY1712LR1, MAY1812LR1, MAY1912LR1, MAY2012LR1 and MAY2112LR1.
In the third part of this month's just-food management briefing, Jonathan Thomas looks at how two multinationals - PepsiCo and Unilever - have tried to use social media to connect with consumers....
ConAgra Foods, keen to tap into the growing private-label market in the US, has made a higher bid for Ralcorp Holdings. Its takeover target, however, has again rejected the company's advances....
There were a series of deals this week, from Symington's move to buy two brands from Unilever and Valeo Foods Group's acquisition of fellow Irish food maker Jacob Fruitfield Food Group to the latest m...
Frozen food giant Iglo Group has reported a rise in half-year earnings as product launches helped to drive sales....
The chief executive of Symington's today (8 August) called the company's acquisition of cooking sauce brands Chicken Tonight and Ragu a "significant step" for the privately-owned UK food group....
Unilever has sold the UK and Irish rights to its Chicken Tonight and Ragu cooking sauces brands to local firm Symington's....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016