Unilever launches Cornetto snacking option in UK
Unilever has launched a Cornetto mini range in the UK
Unilever has launched a mini version of its Cornetto ice cream in the UK in a bid to tap onto the snacking market.
Available to retailers from this month, the range comprises Cornetto Bites and Cornetto Taco and "aims to unlock snacking ice cream sales, by appealing to teenagers who snack daily".
Cornetto Bites are inspired by chocolate sharing pouches, popular in the confectionery category, Unilever said in a statement.
Each bag of Cornetto Bites contains 12 x 28ml bite-size Cornettos and has an RSP of GBP3.50 (US$5.15).
Cornetto Taco will launch exclusively to the Out of Home channel. It aims to capitalise on the popularity of ice creams in a sandwich format Unilever said. Cornetto Taco has an RSP of GBP1.50.
"As the UK’s number one filled cone brand worth over GBP27m, we are perfectly positioned to increase consumption and drive frequency of purchase from consumers looking for new snacking options," said Sarah Atkins, brand manager for Cornetto at Unilever UK.
"We’re looking to increase consumer appetite for smaller formats with our NPD and offer a lucrative sales opportunity for retailers by tapping into the GBP5.94 which teenagers spend per week on snacking."
Although Unilever de Argentina is far from being the leading player in packaged food, the company is the leader in soup and sauces, dressings and condiments due to the strength and tradition of its br...
Unilever Nederland BV reshaped its product portfolio in 2014 in order to ensure a good mix of brands to address growth opportunities which may emerge in the future....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report