Unilever launches "handheld" Ben & Jerry's ice cream in UK
Ben and Jerry's introduces an ice cream sandwich format
Unilever has introduced ice-cream sandwiches under its Ben & Jerry's brand in the UK, the first "handheld" products in the range.
The Ben & Jerry's 'Wich sandwiches feature ice cream between two soft-baked cookies. Unilever has launched two flavours: Cookie Dough and Chocolate Fudge Brownie.
Unilever said the launch would "unlock the on the go [opportunity]".
The new product is available in four options: individually wrapped options; a pack of three; a multipack of eight; and a tub format.
Alessandra Salvo, Ben & Jerry's brand manager, said: "We've consciously coupled soft-baked cookies with much loved Ben & Jerry's flavours, to offer consumers a euphoric ice cream experience that can be enjoyed any 'Wich way – whether at home or on the go."
Unilever said the prices of the products range from GBP2.49-4.99 (US$4.24-$7.07).
Unilever PLC (Unilever) manufactures and supplies fast moving consumer goods (FMCG). The company offers wide range of products such as food products, refreshment products, homecare products and person...
PT Unilever Indonesia Tbk (Unilever Indonesia) is a fast moving consumer goods company that manufactures and markets home and personal care, and foods and refreshment products. Its product offerings p...
In terms of packaged food, Unilever Austria is anticipated to continue focusing on its strategy of investing in new product launches and marketing support for its brands....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund