UK: Unilever maintains double digit EPS outlook
Anglo-Dutch consumer products group Unilever said it is making good progress with the integration of US foods group, Bestfoods , which it acquired in June last year. The company said that it was on line to deliver a cost synergy target by 2003 from the Bestfoods acquisition of US$750 million with US$375 million to be delivered in 2001. Unilever added it was comfortable with its double-digit earnings outlook for 2001 and expected full year sales growth for its leading brands to grow by around 19%. The company is presently carrying out an aggressive restructuring and procurement program that will fund increased investment behind its brands and improved operating margin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife