UK: Unilever maintains double digit EPS outlook
Anglo-Dutch consumer products group Unilever said it is making good progress with the integration of US foods group, Bestfoods , which it acquired in June last year. The company said that it was on line to deliver a cost synergy target by 2003 from the Bestfoods acquisition of US$750 million with US$375 million to be delivered in 2001. Unilever added it was comfortable with its double-digit earnings outlook for 2001 and expected full year sales growth for its leading brands to grow by around 19%. The company is presently carrying out an aggressive restructuring and procurement program that will fund increased investment behind its brands and improved operating margin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Can manufacturers revitalise shopper experience?
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund