UK: Unilever maintains double digit EPS outlook
Anglo-Dutch consumer products group Unilever said it is making good progress with the integration of US foods group, Bestfoods , which it acquired in June last year. The company said that it was on line to deliver a cost synergy target by 2003 from the Bestfoods acquisition of US$750 million with US$375 million to be delivered in 2001. Unilever added it was comfortable with its double-digit earnings outlook for 2001 and expected full year sales growth for its leading brands to grow by around 19%. The company is presently carrying out an aggressive restructuring and procurement program that will fund increased investment behind its brands and improved operating margin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods