Unilever names Marijn Dekkers chairman
Unilever names new chairman
Unilever has said Bayer CEO Dr. Marijn Dekkers will succeed Michael Treschow as group chairman.
Dekkers will be nominated for election to the company's boards at the AGM in April. At this time, Treschow will retire, having served Unilever's maximum tenure as chairman of nine years.
Commenting on his successor, Treschow said Dekkers is a "highly successful businessman" with a "formidable track record". He added: "I have no doubt that Unilever will greatly benefit from his knowledge, international experience and his strong belief in driving business growth responsibly and in the long term."
For his part, Dekkers said he is "honoured" to join Unilever as chairman in order to "contribute to the purpose, vision and strategy" of the group. "It is a great business, with great brands and an unequalled global reach. I know Paul Polman as an outstanding global leader and he and I are looking forward immensely to working together in the future," he noted.
Unilever PLC (Unilever) manufactures and supplies fast moving consumer goods (FMCG). The company offers wide range of products such as food products, refreshment products, homecare products and person...
PT Unilever Indonesia Tbk (Unilever Indonesia) is a fast moving consumer goods company that manufactures and markets home and personal care, and foods and refreshment products. Its product offerings p...
In terms of packaged food, Unilever Austria is anticipated to continue focusing on its strategy of investing in new product launches and marketing support for its brands....
Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL), a subsidiary of Unilever Plc, is a fast-moving consumer goods company....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund