PHILIPPINES: Unilever offloads Royal pasta to RFM
Unilever has sold its Royal Pasta brand in the Philippines
Unilever has announced it is to sell its Royal pasta brand in the Philippines to local food and drink group RFM Corp. for US$47.8m.
The transaction does not include any of Unilever's facilities or employees in the Philippines. Royal will join an RFM portfolio that already includes Fiesta pasta.
Rohit Jawa, chairman and CEO of Unilever Philippines, said he is confident the "high quality brand" will do well under RFM's management.
"We continually review our portfolio of brands and Unilever's decision to divest the Royal brand is in line with our global strategy to focus on our core businesses," Jawa said.
RFM's food business also includes an ice cream venture with Unilever through which the Philippines company supplies products under the Selecta brand.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- McCormick India JV hit by row
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015