PHILIPPINES: Unilever offloads Royal pasta to RFM
Unilever has sold its Royal Pasta brand in the Philippines
Unilever has announced it is to sell its Royal pasta brand in the Philippines to local food and drink group RFM Corp. for US$47.8m.
The transaction does not include any of Unilever's facilities or employees in the Philippines. Royal will join an RFM portfolio that already includes Fiesta pasta.
Rohit Jawa, chairman and CEO of Unilever Philippines, said he is confident the "high quality brand" will do well under RFM's management.
"We continually review our portfolio of brands and Unilever's decision to divest the Royal brand is in line with our global strategy to focus on our core businesses," Jawa said.
RFM's food business also includes an ice cream venture with Unilever through which the Philippines company supplies products under the Selecta brand.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report