PHILIPPINES: Unilever offloads Royal pasta to RFM
Unilever has sold its Royal Pasta brand in the Philippines
Unilever has announced it is to sell its Royal pasta brand in the Philippines to local food and drink group RFM Corp. for US$47.8m.
The transaction does not include any of Unilever's facilities or employees in the Philippines. Royal will join an RFM portfolio that already includes Fiesta pasta.
Rohit Jawa, chairman and CEO of Unilever Philippines, said he is confident the "high quality brand" will do well under RFM's management.
"We continually review our portfolio of brands and Unilever's decision to divest the Royal brand is in line with our global strategy to focus on our core businesses," Jawa said.
RFM's food business also includes an ice cream venture with Unilever through which the Philippines company supplies products under the Selecta brand.
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious
- Campbell launches soups for use in dishes
- Arla: New Vigor deal to boost our Brazil presence