UK: Unilever pledges introduction of environmentally friendly freezers
The world's largest ice cream manufacturer pledges to step up its move to more environmentally friendly refrigerants for its freezer.Unilever - the world's largest ice cream manufacturer - is pledging to step up its move to more environmentally friendly refrigerants for its freezer cabinets once a pilot scheme launched at next month's Olympics in Sydney Australia, is successfully completed.Currently with some two million freezers worldwide, Unilever has already started replacing them with equipment using hydrocarbon (HC) refrigerants. It plans to accelerate the programme on completion of the trials in February next year as freezers are renewed in line with the company's replacement policy. Unilever's pledge is part of its continuing worldwide environmental programme, full details of which are published today through
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund