UK: Unilever pledges introduction of environmentally friendly freezers
The world's largest ice cream manufacturer pledges to step up its move to more environmentally friendly refrigerants for its freezer.Unilever - the world's largest ice cream manufacturer - is pledging to step up its move to more environmentally friendly refrigerants for its freezer cabinets once a pilot scheme launched at next month's Olympics in Sydney Australia, is successfully completed.Currently with some two million freezers worldwide, Unilever has already started replacing them with equipment using hydrocarbon (HC) refrigerants. It plans to accelerate the programme on completion of the trials in February next year as freezers are renewed in line with the company's replacement policy. Unilever's pledge is part of its continuing worldwide environmental programme, full details of which are published today through
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week