UK/NETHERLANDS: Unilever Q1 turnover up but sales disappoint
Anglo-Dutch consumer goods giant Unilever today (4 May) reported increased turnover of 8.6%, benefiting from a 6.3% favourable currency move, while EPS from total operations rose by 7% to EUR1.03 (US$1.306) in the first quarter. However, sales came in below the market expectations, increasing by a disappointing 2.9%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid