UK: Unilever responds to frozen yoghurt demand with Snog minis
Unilever has launched the Snog Mini Pots range
Unilever is extending its presence in the frozen yoghurt sector with the development of mini frozen yoghurt pots under the Snog brand.
Snog frozen yoghurt franchises are currently present across Europe, the Middle East, South America and Asia. Unilever first teamed up with the firm in 2012 to boost the brand's presence.
Three flavours will be available in UK retail channels: Berry Blue Açaí Burst, Passionfruit Pip Pop and Summer Berry Berry Slam.
The Snog Mini Pots contain real fruit pieces and are available in 140ml sizes. They have already launched in Waitrose and Ocado and will hit Co-Operative Group and Sainsbury's shelves starting this month.
"The frozen yoghurt market has seen an exceptional growth of 15% in the last year and, as the UK leader in ice cream, we're excited to be partnering with Snog to tap into the fastest growing segment in the category with three unique flavour combinations," said Zhelin Chen, assistant brand manager for dessert ice cream at Unilever.
Anna Ghee, Snog CEO, added: "The three carefully chosen flavours bring the SNOG brand identity to life with quirky and considered ingredients that stay true a real fruit experience, as well as the flavours which are already popular across our stores."
Snog Mini Pots have an RRP of GBP1.69.
Unilever's Ben and Jerry's ice cream brand also recently launched in frozen yoghurt in the UK in a move that analysts suggested could kick-start the category in the country.
Elais Unilever will continue to focus on responding to rising demand for products that offer value for money, aiming to tackle the threat of private label products. The company will therefore continue...
Unilever Foodsolutions relies on its established position and its experience and knowledge to serve its commercial clients operating in the Dutch consumer foodservice industry. Constant innovation in ...
2014 saw the launch of many new products and services by manufacturers. One of the highlights was the launch of Wall’s One Hour Home Delivery service for consumers in Karachi and Lahore by Unilever Pa...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- German dairy DMK to pursue cost-cutting plans
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights