UK/NETHERLANDS: Unilever sees strong start to year with Q1 sales increase
Unilever, one of the largest consumer products companies in the world, has reported strong margin expansion and an increase in sales momentum throughout its first quarter, which it says underpins confidence in the achievement of full year targets. Earnings per share grew by 100% as sales of the leading brands accelerated through the quarter giving 3% growth, and 4.6% for the last year. Meanwhile operating margin, driven by gross margin improvement, moved ahead strongly by 250 basis points to 14.9%. Operating profit, before exceptional items and amortisation of goodwill and intangibles (of €344m), increased by 18% to €1.825bn (US$1.638bn).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs