UK/NETHERLANDS: Unilever sees strong start to year with Q1 sales increase
Unilever, one of the largest consumer products companies in the world, has reported strong margin expansion and an increase in sales momentum throughout its first quarter, which it says underpins confidence in the achievement of full year targets. Earnings per share grew by 100% as sales of the leading brands accelerated through the quarter giving 3% growth, and 4.6% for the last year. Meanwhile operating margin, driven by gross margin improvement, moved ahead strongly by 250 basis points to 14.9%. Operating profit, before exceptional items and amortisation of goodwill and intangibles (of €344m), increased by 18% to €1.825bn (US$1.638bn).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund