UK/NETHERLANDS: Unilever sees strong start to year with Q1 sales increase
Unilever, one of the largest consumer products companies in the world, has reported strong margin expansion and an increase in sales momentum throughout its first quarter, which it says underpins confidence in the achievement of full year targets. Earnings per share grew by 100% as sales of the leading brands accelerated through the quarter giving 3% growth, and 4.6% for the last year. Meanwhile operating margin, driven by gross margin improvement, moved ahead strongly by 250 basis points to 14.9%. Operating profit, before exceptional items and amortisation of goodwill and intangibles (of €344m), increased by 18% to €1.825bn (US$1.638bn).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report