FRANCE: Unilever shake-up, 97 jobs set to go
Unilever France has announced a restructure
Unilever's French unit has announced restructuring that will see 97 jobs put at risk.
The firm said the need for a "reorganisation plan" was due to it experiencing "stagnating sales in 2013 and a depressed market environment".
"Despite the sharp increase in client investments, market shares of Unilever France have heavily eroded in some markets," Unilever said.
"To cope with this situation a strong response is required - Unilever France must be able to invest in a more competitive way in its key brands and more strongly support innovation, including advertising, in order to regain market share," it added.
Bruno Witvoet, chairman of Unilever France, said the "stagnation in our growth value" was "worrying in a context where the price war has exacerbated".
Witvoet said he was aware the announcement was "difficult" because it involved "painful choices". He added it could lead to a "maximum of 97 redundancies" but said Unilever would "endeavour to limit the impact through concrete opportunities for internal redeployment".
2014 saw the launch of many new products and services by manufacturers. One of the highlights was the launch of Wall’s One Hour Home Delivery service for consumers in Karachi and Lahore by Unilever Pa...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Europe's food firms slam French origin labels plan
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights