UK/NETHERLANDS: Unilever silent on SlimFast sale speculation
Unilever has refused to comment on talks Slim Fast is up for sale
According to Sky News, the company is in the early stages of examining whether to divest of the brand.
Unilever said it could not comment on speculation or rumour when approached by just-food.
Unilever acquired SlimFast in 2000 in a $2.4bn deal. SlimFast, best known for its powdered diet drinks, holds 45% of the American market for health and weight loss foods. At the time of purchase, Unilever said this was the fastest growing sector in the US health food business.
Unilever has embarked on a strategy of streamlining its non-core operations as it increases its focus on "fewer bigger brands". Last year, the group divested a number of food businesses including peanut butter brand Skippy and dressings unit Wishbone.
Speaking to analysts on a conference call yesterday (21 January) CEO Paul Polman said that the group would continue to prune its portfolio in the coming 12 months.
Click here for more on Unilever's strategy to drive growth in its foods business through an increased focus.
Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) is one of the leading fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies in India. It manufactures, and markets a wide range of consumer products for household consumption. T...
just-food's contributing editor Ben Cooper predicts what will be the key issues in food sustainability circles in 2015, with the debate over sugar likely to continue to rage, while supply chains - in ...
Unilever is diversifying its operations into emerging markets, particularly Asia Pacific and Latin America, but there is still significant room for growth in these regions. Rising obesity levels, alon...
Unilever’s long term strategic direction is to achieve sustainable growth. In order to do so, Unilever aims to incorporate its customers, suppliers and employees into its sustainability programme and ...
In order to increase its sales, Unilever Food Solutions has traditionally based its offer on affordable, time- and money-efficient products, but recently the company launched free consultancy services...
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Weston Foods acquires Creative Occasions
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019