UK/NETHERLANDS: Unilever silent on SlimFast sale speculation
Unilever has refused to comment on talks Slim Fast is up for sale
According to Sky News, the company is in the early stages of examining whether to divest of the brand.
Unilever said it could not comment on speculation or rumour when approached by just-food.
Unilever acquired SlimFast in 2000 in a $2.4bn deal. SlimFast, best known for its powdered diet drinks, holds 45% of the American market for health and weight loss foods. At the time of purchase, Unilever said this was the fastest growing sector in the US health food business.
Unilever has embarked on a strategy of streamlining its non-core operations as it increases its focus on "fewer bigger brands". Last year, the group divested a number of food businesses including peanut butter brand Skippy and dressings unit Wishbone.
Speaking to analysts on a conference call yesterday (21 January) CEO Paul Polman said that the group would continue to prune its portfolio in the coming 12 months.
Click here for more on Unilever's strategy to drive growth in its foods business through an increased focus.
Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) is one of the leading fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies in India. It manufactures, and markets a wide range of consumer products for household consumption. T...
just-food's contributing editor Ben Cooper predicts what will be the key issues in food sustainability circles in 2015, with the debate over sugar likely to continue to rage, while supply chains - in ...
In order to increase its sales, Unilever Food Solutions has traditionally based its offer on affordable, time- and money-efficient products, but recently the company launched free consultancy services...
Unilever de México is a very well diversified company with strong positioning and leading positions in packaged food, personal care and grooming. In packaged food, Unilever’s brands offer a highly div...
In 2013, Unilever continued to adapt its company strategy to the changing patterns of Spanish consumers due to the economic recession. The company continues to promote its strategy “Point of Purchase”...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019